Monday 11 July 2011

mini MAC haul / review

I'M BACK! It's been a while, but i've been on holiday and have caught a nice summer glow! So on the way to Portugal I spent some time in duty free, particularly in the mac store.. so I bought 3 things. I wish i had bought more :( But anyway here's 3 little things i purchased!

Firstly I got the Mineralised Skin Finish (bronzer) in Gold Deposit.

it is gorgeous! especially with a bit of a tan, although it is shimmery I used it as a contour, aswell as bronzer and i sometimes use it in place of blusher. It's so pretty, and versatile. I could also see this being used as an eyeshadow. It's a beautiful colour, i love it so much.

Next I got Mythology eyeshadow.

I really wanted a bronze with gold undertones for summer, and this is the perfect shade.

I do prefer shimmery eyeshadows to matte, they seem more pigmented, more blendable..so i absoloutely adore this colour. I learnt that blue eyes should choose eyeshadows with red undertones to bring out the eyecolour (green choose purple, and brown choose blue/green) - anyway, so this was the perfect eyeshadow colour for me.

Here is a swatch, isn't it beautiful?!

Lastly I got a very 'out there' lipstick. It's an amplified. It is VERY Nicki Minaj, but I do love her. I'm not sure why I bought this, but it is wearable if you dab it on lightly and put a nude lipgloss over. It tastes really nice too, although i'm not sure if thats all mac lipsticks or just these..Anyway. Don't get me wrong, I do like this lipstick, although I think i will only be wearing it on 'special occasions' as it is a BARBIE pink..

It is of course, Amplified (creme) - Saint Germain. I heard alot of hype about this and so naturally i had to buy it ;) I am a new MAC addict!

The colour payoff on this lipstick is amazing! It has no shimmer or glitters, and when applied to the lips is exactly the same as in the tube. This lipstick will not flatter ALL skin tones but works well for me, especially when I have a bit of a tan. I'm quite pale and peachy.

So that is all! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment